Last Modified: February 25th, 2022
Collection of Information
The Services collect various types of information from and about its users (“Personal Information”), such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include a user’s name, address, email address, race or ethnicity, gender, age, and health information, billing and/or credit card information etc., which may be used when you purchase products and/or Services and to deliver the Services you have requested.
- Real-time location data, as in GPS location information.
- Stored information and files, where voluntarily provided, including personal contacts and address book information.
- Device information, which may include information about the user’s mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Information automatically collected when visiting or using our Services, which may include details of the user’s access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our website or application or use of our Services, error information, clickstream data, other communication data and the resources that the end user accesses and uses on or through the application, cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit invisaWear, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Third Party Cookies and Tracking Technologies. Our service providers (such as, for example and without limitation: Google, Shopify Klaviyo, DojoMojo, Daasity, Emotive, and Kickbooster) may also use online identifiers such as cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies to collect and store information about you (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) when you use our website. The information they collect and store may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect and store information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. The Services may analyze the behavior of users to our website or interactions with our emails in order to provide our users with personalized purchase recommendations and to tell which mailings appeal most to our customers. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For example, you can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our website or application by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, located at google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Social Media Advertising Services. We use social media advertising services provided by social media companies, such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. These social media companies provide web analytics and related advertising services on or in conjunction with our website. With their help, we and our customers can keep track of what users do after they see or click on a social media advertisement, keep track of users who access our website or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data from social media companies is also saved and processed by the social media sites themselves. Such social media sites can connect this data with your social media accounts and use it for its own and others advertising purposes, in accordance with their privacy notices available on the homepage of each social media website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of your order for our Services. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website or application.
You also may provide information to be transmitted to third parties you engage (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of the third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We May Combine Information About You
The information we collect through our Services, automatically, or from third parties may be combined. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website and application according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and to recognize you when you return to our website and application.
Use of Information Collected
invisaWear may collect and may make use of Personal Information to present our website, application, and their contents to you, to assist in the operation of our Services, to ensure delivery of the Services you need and request, to provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, to carry out our obligations, enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, to prevent fraudulent transactions, and for purposes of product development and market analysis. At times, we may find it necessary to use Personal Information as a means to keep you informed of changes to our website or application or other possible products and/or Services that may be available to you from www.invisaWear.com. invisaWear may also be in contact with you with regard to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
invisaWear may feel it necessary, from time to time, to make contact with you on behalf of other external business partners with regard to potential new offers which may be of interest to you. If you consent or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, Personal Information, such as name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request at support@invisaWear.com.
invisaWear may deem it necessary to follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent in an effort to glean what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Disclosure of Information
- Affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These entities provide IT and infrastructure support services, emergency response technology, marketing, advertising and promotion, and payment processing services;
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; for example, when you direct us to send an emergency alert to a family member or friend;
- Third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures;
- Any other third party with your consent;
- Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon invisaWear and/or our Services;
- Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of invisaWear;
- Effectuate a corporate change in control resulting from, for example, a merger, a sale of assets, or bankruptcy; and
- Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of www.invisaWear.com and/or the general public.
invisaWear shall maintain and may furnish to law enforcement and/or government entities a sales record, which identifies the customer and item(s) purchased, if and as required by state law.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes. In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Information, which include:
- Promotional Offers from invisaWear. If you do not wish to have your email address used by invisaWear to promote our own products and Services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt out does not apply to information provided to invisaWear as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our Services.
- Disclosure of Your Information to Affiliates and Third-Parties. By using our Services, you consent to our sharing of your Personal Information with our affiliates and third parties for their promotional purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe from such affiliate and third parties’ promotions, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or them. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please email us at support@invisaWear.com.
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) websites (aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
Children Under Age of 13
With parental consent, invisaWear may collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent, we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database. Parents have the right to review their child’s Personal Information; to have their child’s Personal Information deleted; and to refuse further collection, use, and/or disclosure of their child’s Personal Information by notifying us. As a parent, you understand that invisaWear has a legitimate interest in providing your child’s Personal Information collected via the Services to external providers for the sole purpose of administering or providing the Services. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use our Services.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and/or visitors to our Services have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our Services please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to support@invisaWear.com. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Your Data Protection Rights
All users of our Services have data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request from us copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete or inaccurate.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Services that are California residents and who provide Personal Information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared your Personal Information with for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2021 will receive information regarding such activities in 2020). You may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to support@invisaWear.com.
Response to Do Not Track Signals
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected through our Services for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
Links to Other Web Sites
We have implemented measures designed to help secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information to your emergency contacts for the emergency notification features of the Services, we do not control what your emergency contact does with the information you share through the Services. Before you add a contact for us to provide notifications to, please consider what information you would like shared with that individual.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or by our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Period of Storage of Personal Information
invisaWear shall store and maintain your Personal Information for so long as you are a customer of our Services. Currently live data is deleted if the customer deletes their account from the mobile app, if the account is inactive for 3 years, or on accordance with state and country laws. The archived data will reside on encrypted database backups and will be purged in accordance with invisaWear’s data lifecycle management policy.
Acceptance of Terms
Additionally, for all our European customers:
(2) Unlike the European Union, the United States does not have a single, comprehensive national law that regulates the collection and use of personal data. Instead, the U.S. has a complex approach to regulating specific types of personal data involving laws and administrative rules that: (a) are issued by national and state-level governments, and (b) apply to certain industries such as financial service firms and health care providers. Self-regulatory frameworks also exist in the U.S. that provide guidelines and best practices for handling personal data; and
(3) By transferring your personal data to the U.S., you accept that (a) once your data is transferred to the U.S., it will be subject only to the laws and regulations of the United States and its individual states, (b) those laws and regulations do not afford you the same or equivalent rights as those set forth in the GDPR, and (c) your personal data could become involved in litigation in the event legal action is taken against invisaWear by third-parties.
How to Contact Us
Attn: Data Protection Officer
invisaWear Technologies Corporation
44 Stedman Street, Unit 8
Lowell, MA 01851