Realtor Safety Awareness Tips
The Beverly Carter Foundation was created as a result of the senseless kidnapping and murder of real estate broker Beverly Carter. Beverly was targeted because she was perceived to be a “rich broker who worked alone.” The Beverly Carter Foundation (BCF) is a completely independent not-for-profit foundation dedicated to the ideal that every agent goes home safe every day by providing scientifically based research, information, consulting, training, and support at little to no charge to every MLS, association, brokerage, and agent. In honor of Realtor Safety Month we’ve partnered with the Beverly Carter Foundation to share their top safety tips for agents!
- Insist upon an in-person, pre-showing buyer consultation in a public place.
- Obtain identification and share it with colleagues in a secure location.
- Use the internet to research new clients.
- Share your itinerary and location.
- Trust your instincts!
- Keep your back to the door, clients go first.
- Report suspicious activity to the authorities immediately.
Learn more about the Beverly Carter Foundation here. Also, we are proud to partner with the Beverly Carter Foundation to create a custom invisaWear charm to honor Beverly’s memory. Shop our Beverly Carter Collection here.
You can make a donation to the Beverly Carter Foundation here.