Putting the "Treat" in "Trick-or-Treat"! 👻
This Halloween put the “treat” in “trick-or-treat” by baking Graveyard Brownies! This recipe is super simple and frighteningly tasty! Snag the ingredients below and follow the simple steps to get started.
- ½ Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup of Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Milano Cookies
- Black Piping Gel
What You’ll Need:
- Mixing Bowl
- 8 inch Square Pan
- Measuring Spoons/Cup
- Mixing Whisk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease the 8 in square pan
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix these ingredients together!
- Next, melt the butter along with the sugar, salt, and cocoa powder over low heat in a saucepan.
- Once melted, pour the mixture into the mixing bowl. Use a whisk to blend the ingredients together. The batter will be a thick consistency.
- Grab the greased pan and pour the batter into it! Pop the pan into the oven (if the oven has already preheated).
- Bake for about 25 minutes - Be sure to keep an eye on the brownies so that they don’t overbake. The edges will appear to be done before the center. That is okay! Brownies continue to bake even after they’re pulled out of the oven.
Who doesn’t love to get creative and have fun?! All you need is Milano cookies and black piping gel. Cut a few Milano cookies in half and write your favorite creepy, tombstone phrases such as “RIP”. Once the brownies have cooled down, place the creepy tombstone on the brownies and voila, you’re all done! Enjoy!