Hot Cocoa Recipe
One of winter's warmest treats is homemade hot chocolate! This warm, sweet treat is quick and easy to make, so put down the pre-packed hot cocoa packets and snag the ingredients below from your local market!
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
- Garnishes of your choice
- Shaved Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Crush Peppermint
What You’ll Need:
*Please note everyone has a preference as to how they like their hot cocoa. Stir in as little or as much of the ingredients to create your own, perfect recipe.
- Pour the milk of your choice into a saucepan. Heat over low-medium heat. For an extra rich hot chocolate, use half and half.
- Once warm, mix in cocoa powder and sugar.
- Next, add some chocolate chips and whisk until the chocolate has melted. For a less sweet hot cocoa, use dark chocolate chips.
- Lastly, splash a touch of vanilla extract.
- Carefully taste test the hot cocoa. If it tastes just the way you want it, serve the hot cocoa in a heat safe mug. Top with your favorite garnishes!