Holiday Road Trip Safety Tips
With Thanksgiving just a little over three weeks away, many of us are in full holiday travel planning mode. While the holidays are a time of joy and cheer, we also have to be extra cautious on the roads this time of the year when so many are traveling and our minds are preoccupied.
We’re sharing our top road trip safety tips with you below - feel free to share your top travel safety tips in the comments!
- If traveling by car be sure to have your car inspected and serviced before you hit the road.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car just in case (first aid essentials, water, protein bars, and a blanket).
- Know how to drive safely on icy roads and allow yourself extra time to get to your destination.
- Know your route and always plan an alternate route just in case.
- Let a family member know the route you plan to take and your anticipated time of arrival.
- Be sure to pack your phone charger and keep your phone charged throughout your travels.
- Write down your emergency contact information and keep it with you at all times.
- If you are in an accident be sure to pull off the highway and get to a safe place out of the way of other vehicles if you can.
Last winter, while on her way to work, a young women was driving on an icy road when her car hydroplaned on a patch of ice and, after spinning out, her car slammed into a guard rail on the highway. Although her phone was no where to be found she had her invisaWear keychain within reach and was able to get the help she needed.
By simply pressing the back of her invisaWear charm this fortunate young lady was able to alert her emergency contacts with her GPS location and emergency crews arrived within minutes.
Consider investing in an invisaWear this season and give yourself, and your loved ones, the gift of safety.
Watch the video below to see the story of how invisaWear helped save this local woman’s life.