Back-to-School Safety Tips and Essentials!
Nearly 20 million students will head off to college this fall and many may not be aware of the danger they could face if they are not prepared. Although campus safety is always a priority of any college, students need to be proactive when it comes to their own safety on and off campus.
Here are a few tips and essentials for staying safe when heading back to college this fall:
- Always lock your room.
- Don’t loan your key or ID to anyone.
- Keep your belongings secure.
- Maintain privacy on social media.
- Use the buddy system when going out.
- Always tell someone where you’re going.
- Use ride-sharing programs safely
- match the license plate with the app
- ask the driver “who are you waiting for?”
- match the driver to the photo in the app
- ensure child locks are disabled if possible.
- share your ride status with family and friends.
Also, when thinking of your personal safety there are products like invisaWear that can help you stay safe and have peace of mind! Some other safety products that we recommend are Fabulyss Boutique's Pepper Spray Keychains and NightCap's Drink Cover!