Back-to-School: High School Safety
As most of the U.S. heads back to school over the course of the next few weeks many parents are reinforcing safety tips with their children to ensure they stay safe when returning to school. Here are a few safety tips for those heading back to high school this fall.
- First and foremost, make sure that you follow your school’s safety policies. Every school has a different set of do’s and don’ts so make sure you know yours.
- Know your school’s emergency response plan.
- When walking to school make sure to walk with a friend and stay alert at all times - avoid distracted walking.
- Whenever in school, and when walking or driving, put the technology away and make sure you are aware of your surroundings.
- Always let your parents know where you plan to be after school - don’t just go to a friends house or stay after school for meeting without first letting your parents know where you are.
- If you drive to school make sure to always lock your vehicle and stay alert when walking to and from your vehicle before and after school.
And of course, never talk to strangers or get into a car with someone you don’t know. If approached by a stranger seek help immediately.