April 27, 2022
Peace of Mind with a double-click: TELUS is bringing wearable, discreet personal security to Canada through partnership with invisaWear
TELUS SmartWear Security connects customers to the TELUS’ 24/7 monitoring team and emergency contacts
Vancouver, B.C. - Today, TELUS launched TELUS SmartWear Security, a line of discreet wearable accessories that provides our customers with emergency support, 24/7 monitoring, and peace of mind wherever they go. In partnership with US-based tech brand invisaWear, TELUS SmartWear Security provides customers with a stylish personal safety device disguised as jewelry or a key charm powered by TELUS’ world-leading wireless network, and TELUS SmartHome Security’s 24/7 monitoring team. TELUS SmartWear Security is the latest innovation in our comprehensive line of security solutions to bring customers a greater sense of security at home or on the go.
“It’s truly exciting to bring this level of personal security to Canadians. There are so many instances where as a mom and an aunt, I can see SmartWear bringing peace of mind to customers and their loved ones, from young adults walking alone on school campuses, real estate agents doing late showings, or even just taking the dog out at night,” said Zainul Mawji, Executive Vice-president and President, Home Solutions & Customer Excellence. “By simply double-clicking your wearable device, you can immediately alert selected contacts and share your geolocation. It’s empowering our customers with technology that immediately connects them to the support they need in an emergency.”
TELUS SmartWear Security is managed through an easy-to-use smartphone app, which provides customers with quick access to alerts and updates. The app provides 24/7 monitoring, instantly connecting your smartphone to TELUS’ monitoring service. Customers can tailor TELUS SmartWear Security with a selection of alert modes in the app. In the event of an emergency, once the device is double clicked, TELUS SmartWear Security will alert your preselected five emergency contacts or connect you immediately to our 24/7 monitoring team for emergency assistance, where the TELUS agent will stay on the line with you.
“We're excited to bring our devices to Canada and are proud to partner with a trusted organization like TELUS that understands the importance of security and putting customers first,” said Rajia Abdelaziz, CEO of invisaWear. “With just the push of a button, customers can seek assistance and receive the right safety resources and help they need, empowering users to feel safe and connected."
TELUS SmartWear Security features include:
- Notify Emergency Contacts: Send notifications, GPS location, and SMS updates to up to five emergency contacts.
- Reassurance Calls: 24/7 access to a professional emergency response TELUS agent by phone. They will stay with you on the phone anytime you feel unsafe.
- Live Chat SMS: 24/7 access to a two-way SMS conversation with a professional emergency response TELUS agent. They will stay with you and provide assistance discreetly through text.
- Activity Tracking: Be proactive about your safety by inviting our monitoring team and your emergency contacts to track you via GPS for up to 4 hours. You will then alert the app once you’re safe and no longer need tracking, and if the timer expires before you have responded, agents will alert your emergency contacts and share your location with local law enforcement.
“I see great value in TELUS’ SmartWear Security device. It will empower the user with a tool to receive prompt, discreet, and professional services in emergency situations,” said Aaron Hutchinson, Justice-Stakeholder, Western Canada. “TELUS is an innovative company and they are committed to making our communities safer.”
For every new subscription of TELUS SmartWear Security, TELUS will donate a SmartWear device and one-year subscription to the TELUS Mobility for Good®, providing wireless connectivity to marginalized individuals, including Indigenous women at risk of or experiencing violence. TELUS will donate a maximum of 250 devices and subscriptions.
TELUS SmartWear Security is available across Canada, excluding Quebec. Full pricing and product details can be found at telus.com/smartwear.
TELUS (TSX: T, NYSE: TU) is a dynamic, world-leading communications technology company with $17 billion in annual revenue and 17 million customer connections spanning wireless, data, IP, voice, television, entertainment, video, and security. We leverage our global-leading technology and compassion to drive social change and enable remarkable human outcomes. Our longstanding commitment to putting our customers first fuels every aspect of our business, making us a distinct leader in customer service excellence and loyalty. The numerous, sustained accolades TELUS has earned over the years from independent, industry-leading network insight firms showcase the strength and speed of TELUS’ global-leading networks, reinforcing our commitment to provide Canadians with access to superior technology that connects us to the people, resources and information that make our lives better.
TELUS Health is Canada’s leader in digital health technology, improving access to health and wellness services and revolutionizing the flow of health information across the continuum of care. TELUS Agriculture provides innovative digital solutions throughout the agriculture value chain, supporting better food outcomes from improved agri-business data insights and processes. TELUS International (TSX and NYSE: TIXT) is a leading digital customer experience innovator that designs, builds, and delivers next-generation solutions, including AI and content management, for global and disruptive brands across high-growth industry verticals, including tech and games, communications and media, ecommerce and FinTech, healthcare, and travel and hospitality. TELUS and TELUS International operate in 25+ countries around the world.
Driven by our passionate social purpose to connect all citizens for good, our deeply meaningful and enduring philosophy to give where we live has inspired TELUS, our team members and retirees to contribute more than $900 million and 1.8 million days of service since 2000. This unprecedented generosity and unparalleled volunteerism have made TELUS the most giving company in the world. Together, let’s make the future friendly.
invisaWear creates safety devices that are disguised as everyday accessories. They look like necklaces, bracelets, keychains, fitness bands, and even hair scrunchies but they all have a button hidden on the back. When double-pressed, invisaWear products send a text message to up-to five pre-selected emergency contacts; the text notifies the emergency contacts that the user is requesting help and contains a link to the user’s location. The jewelry also offers an optional contact 9-1-1 feature. Rajia Abdelaziz, Co-Founder and CEO of invisaWear, started the company after a scary incident when a car full of men followed her and started yelling inappropriate comments. Luckily, Rajia was able to run and get in her car, unharmed; the harrowing experience inspired her to create fashion jewelry that doubles as a safety device. To learn more, please visit https://www.invisawear.com.
For media inquiries, please contact:
TELUS Public Relations
Spring Break is a fun time of year for many college students to get away from classes and enjoy some much needed time off with friends! While Spring Break is all about having fun, it is important to keep safety at the top of mind. In this blog post you will read some important tips to ensure that you and your friends stay safe all break long.
- Research your destination. Doing some research prior to your trip will be super helpful. You will learn what areas you need to stay away from and common scams to be aware of.
- Bring personal safety items. Some of our favorites include pepper spray, door safety bar, and an invisaWear! Our jewelry and accessories have the ability to share your location with up-to 5 emergency contacts and even 9-1-1 (US only) when double pressed.
- Don't share too much information. According to RAINN, sharing too much information such as your location may endanger your safety. It is common to meet new people on Spring Break. While meeting new people may sound harmless, it is important to keep in mind that the people you meet are strangers. You NEVER know anyone's true intentions! If anyone asks where you're staying, simply give them a random hotel name or be vague about your answer.
- Practice the buddy system. It is always smart to bring a friend wherever you go, even if you're just going to the restroom. If for any reason you do leave without your friends, be sure to share the details of your whereabouts and when they should expect you back. With invisaWear Premium, you could utilize the Activity Tracking feature so that you are sharing your location with an ADT agent and friends. Set the timer to the time you think you'll be back! If the timer goes off, ADT and your friends will be notified and emergency services will be dispatched to your location, if necessary.
- Create a code word. Creating a code word or secret signal could be useful if you are feeling uncomfortable and need a friend to intervene! Another handy tool offered with invisaWear Premium is the chat feature. Feeling uncomfortable while sitting at the bar? Chat with an ADT agent using the app. They'll be able to see your live location and can get you help quickly if you need it.
- Drink safely. Take turns drinking so that one friend is on alert per night. Also, never accept drinks from a stranger! If you accept a drink ensure that you personally see the drink get made by the bartender. Keep a watchful eye over your drink/s throughout the night. We highly recommend, invisaWear Cup Cover - Drink Spiking Prevention Scrunchie.
- Have a list of phone numbers handy. In case you lose your phone have a list of phone numbers ready to contact your friends/loved ones.
- If you are feeling unsafe or unwell, don't hesitate to ask for help. If at any point you feel sick or unsafe tell a friend and contact 9-1-1 if needed. With invisaWear Premium, you could utilize the Live Video Call feature to show what is going on to an ADT agent who could call for help if needed.
invisaWear Jewelry and Accessories are one of the hottest gifts this Holiday Season! Whether your purchasing for a loved one or yourself, it'll bring peace of mind knowing that help is a double-press away. When the charm is double-pressed, ADT will alert loved ones and optionally 9-1-1 that the user is in trouble along with the GPS location.
Check out some of our teams favorite styles below:
INVISAWEAR LAUNCHES LIVE VIDEO CALLING CAPABILITIES FOR ENHANCED SAFETY DURING EMERGENCIES
Innovative jewelry maker enables live calling with ADT to help people in distress
LOWELL, Mass. – November 8, 2021 – invisaWear, the company that creates smart jewelry that instantly sends your location to emergency dispatchers and loved ones during an emergency, is launching live video calling within their products. By pressing an invisaWear jewelry piece, women and men can instantly alert their loved ones and 9-1-1 that they need help. Now users can have an ADT agent virtually by their side via video. The agent will send help if needed and provide the video as evidence to authorities if requested. The new feature, which is part of invisaWear’s premium package powered by ADT, will be available starting on November 8th.
Halloween is coming up and is one of the most exciting times of the year where for one night, you get to dress up as anyone or anything you’d like. Halloween is typically thought of as a fun night with “tricks and treats” but we want to remind you that safety should always be a priority.
Here are some safety tips to ensure the night is enjoyable and most importantly safe for everyone!
It’s that time of year again! The leaves are changing, the air is beginning to feel chilly, Halloween Décor is going up, and the smell of pumpkin spice is everywhere. It’s Fall!
We’ll certainly miss the warmer, summer weather, cookouts, and pool parties but no need to fret! There is an abundance of activities to participate in this season!
We’ve curated a fun-filled list for you to enjoy with your family and friends. Check them out below!
We often don't consider real estate work to be dangerous, however, agents typically work alone showing properties to people they don't know. Safety is top priority and non-negotiable!
Beverly Carter was a real estate broker who was kidnapped and murdered after being perceived to be a "rich broker who worked alone." We want to make sure this never happens to another real estate worker again.
In honor of Realtor Safety Month, we've curated a list of top safety tips for agents.